1. YOUR AUTHORISATION
2. WHO IS COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 We may collect from you the following Personal Information:
- Name and contact details: Your name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact information;
- Credentials: passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access, and any information necessary to fulfil our interactions with you;
- Payment and billing information: Information to process payments and the security information associated with your payments;
Interactions: Information about your purchase and use of our products or services;
- Payment and account history: Information about the items you purchase and activities associated with your account;
- Browse history: Information about the webpages you visit;
- Device, connectivity, and configuration: Information about your device, your device configuration, and nearby networks;
- Error reports and performance: Information about the performance of the products and any problems you experience, including error reports;
- Troubleshooting and help: Information you provide when you contact NXP for help, and other details that help us provide support;
- Feedback and ratings: Information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback, survey data, and product reviews you write; and
- Other information: Any information you choose to give us.
4. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 We collect your Personal Information only when needed and for lawful purposes connected with the operation of our business. You authorise the collection of your Personal Information by us when you:
- buy and/or use our products or services;
- access, browse, view or use our website on your computer, mobile, tablet, or any other electronic device;
- communicate with us;
- enter into any of our offers, promotions or events; or
- otherwise provide us with any of your Personal Information.
5. HOW WE WILL USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1 You authorise NXP to use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- (a) to provide you with our products and services, including to:
- communicate with you, such as sending you promotional emails about new services, special offers, promotions or information about our products and services (except if you have told us that you do not want to receive these emails from us);
- improve and develop our products and services;
- respond to your queries;
- verify your identity when you contact us;
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions or undertaking credit checks (if necessary);
- develop new services, products, features and/or content,
- to run and maintain our website such as ensuring our website and network system are secure;
- for our internal record keeping purposes;
- to allow for the operation of NXP’s business activities and functions;
- the sale of all or substantially all of NXP’s business or assets;
- to comply with NXP’s legal obligations; and
- for any other purposes you authorise.
5.2 If you would like to stop receiving electronic communications from us, please tell us when we collect your information or contact us at any time on email@example.com. You may also use the ‘unsubscribe feature’ included with emails. Please allow us enough time to process your request.
5.3 From time to time, NXP may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in both New Zealand and overseas, whom we engage to assist NXP in its business functions and activities. We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our related companies in connection with the purposes set out in this policy, particularly where our related companies use shared services (e.g. IT support, marketing, finance etc.);
- our service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to the website or any service that we have agreed to provide you;
- courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities; and/or
- any other person or organisation that you have authorised us to disclose your information to.
5.5 In some cases, we may remove personal identifiers from your Personal Information and maintain it in an aggregate form. We may combine this information with other information that we hold to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information, which is helpful to us in improving our products and services. Once your Personal Information is anonymised, it may no longer be capable of identifying or being re-linked to you.
- to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to tailor our product and service offerings to you;
- to help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer you a better user experience;
- to authenticate you when you use our services;
- to process information that helps us secure our services, as well as detect fraud.
6.3 To enable some of the features and functionality of our website, products and services, you may need to permit NXP to place cookies on your device. If you choose not to, then those features and functionality will not be available to you. You can remove or block cookies by using the settings in your browser but it may affect your ability to use our website.
7. THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website, or through our products or services. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our systems and welcome any feedback about these third-party sites.
8. HOW NXP STORES AND PROTECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. REQUEST ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to Personal Information that NXP holds about you. If NXP does not give you access to the Personal Information that you have requested, then NXP will let you know the reasons why. If you are not happy with the reasons provided, then you have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
10. REQUEST CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request correction of the Personal Information that NXP holds about you. NXP will correct your Personal Information if it is necessary to ensure that it is accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading. If NXP decides that it is unnecessary to correct your Personal Information, NXP will let you know the legal reasons for its decision. If you are not happy with those reasons, then you have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
11. PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
If you think that your privacy rights have been breached, you can make a written complaint to NXP’s Privacy Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or otherwise contact the NZ Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/making-a-complaint/complaint-form/.
13. RESIDENTS OUTSIDE OF NEW ZEALAND
"Content" means all content delivered via the website, products and services including all text, software, hardware, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audio-visual works or combinations of works, live streaming, interactive features and other materials;
"including" means "including without limitation";
"Personal Information" means any information that can be used to directly or indirectly to identify an individual, and includes sensitive information, and references to "your Personal Information" also includes any Personal Information that you provide to NXP about someone else;
"Privacy Act" means the Privacy Act 1993 and the Privacy Act 2020 and any amending or substituting legislation;